Taking part in your first tri doesn’t mean you need an array of expensive kit, just a few essential bits and you’ll be ready to go.
- Trainers are the most essential piece of running kit and need to be correctly fitted when you purchase them. Find a good sports shop where they can watch you run, analyse your running style, and fit you with the correct style of shoe.
- The clothing you have worn for the bike section can most likely double up and be worn again for the run. Choose something well fitted and comfortable and be prepared for different weather conditions.
- Visibility is key if you are out training in the early morning or evening. Make sure you you wear something reflective if out near traffic.
- Speed or elastic laces can help save time in transition and only cost a few pounds.
- Get the family involved! They can be a big encouragement and even help pick your accessories!