Terms & Conditions
Please read through all the terms and conditions, including your health commitment. By registering to any GO TRI campaign or activity you have committed to abide by these terms and conditions.
GO TRI Community
- You agree that your personal information can be stored and used by GO TRI and shared with any GO TRI activity deliverers (who have signed the GO TRI Data Processing Agreement).
- For more information on how we store and use your personal data please see the GO TRI Privacy Notice.
- Photographs may be taken which capture your participation. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in GO TRI.
- Data regarding your choices from DIY Tri and Tri Summer campaign will stored by British Triathlon and may be used to determine your tailored GO TRI experience.
GO TRI Activity
- At all times whilst participating in GO TRI activity you must adhere to all instructions given by the GO TRI coaches/instructors, event marshals, volunteers and officials.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment that is in a good safe working order and take weather conditions into account when preparing to take part.
- It is your responsibility that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in events unaided. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice beforehand. Please read our Health Commitment Statement for further advice.
- If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before taking part in GO TRI.
Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. GO TRI are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy your participation in our events. With this is mine, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your personal decisions and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure all GO TRI activity is organised to safe operational standards for you to enjoy.
- We will make all reasonable steps to ensure first aid is available at all GO TRI activity to an industry standard.
Your commitment to us:
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation in our event, before you enter you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- It is the decision of the participant, not the GO TRI activity organiser, to determine whether he or she is fit enough to exercise. If the participant is in any doubt, the participant should seek medical advice. It is up to the participant where to seek medical advice.
- You should let us know immediately, if you feel unwell whilst participating in GO TRI activity.
- If you have a disability, you must follow all reasonable instructions to allow you to complete the GO TRI activity safely.
This Health Commitment Statement sets the standards that GO TRI and the GO TRI participant can reasonably expect from each other in regard to health of the participant. This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation which you or we must meet.
- The organisers may cancel any GO TRI activity if circumstances arise beyond our reasonable control. In such circumstances we will endeavour to communicate to you in advance.
- In the event of a cancellation the GO TRI activity deliverers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation.
- If you have signed up to a GO TRI Event that uses the British Triathlon online entry system, then the cancellation terms and conditions are those set by the GO TRI organiser and are available upon request.
- If you have signed up to a GO TRI Event that doesn’t use the British Triathlon online entry system, then the cancellation terms and conditions are those set by the GO TRI organiser and will only available from the organiser directly.
- For all GO TRI Event refunds (regardless of use of British Triathlon’s online entry system or not) you should go directly to the GO TRI Event Organiser as British Triathlon do not hold your entry fee.
- If you have signed up to a GO TRI Activity session, then the cancellation terms and conditions are available here.
- In no event shall GO TRI deliverers be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortuous act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:-
- Loss of damage
- Loss of profit
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of business, revenue, or goodwill
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity
- Consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
- Would arise in the ordinary cause of events
- Is reasonably foreseeable
- Is in the contemplation of the parties or otherwise.
- Nothing in this agreement shall affect the GO TRI Deliverer liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Where GO TRI activity is delivered in a leisure facility, the facility providers should be covered by the providers company indemnity/liability insurance.
- All GO TRI participants who take part in GO TRI activity listed on the GO TRI website, have public liability insurance cover for the activity duration.
- If you are taking part in any unsupervised activity (for instance the GO TRI Gym Challenge) this is done entirely at your own risk.
- If you are in any doubt regarding the insurance cover for any GO TRI activity that you are participating in you can contact GO TRI
GO TRI Competitions, Tokens and Prizes
- All competition entrants must live in the UK.
- All GO TRI Events should be £15.00 or less unless otherwise approved by the GO TRI Strategic Lead.
- Where competition prizes are tickets to spectate at events or event entry winners must arrange their own travel to the event and accommodation if required.
- Where winners are selected through a prize draw; all prize draws are conducted in the British Triathlon office, under supervision from British Triathlon staff.
- Competition entrants must be aged 15 or over to take part unless otherwise stated.
- All competition winners must be registered members to the GO TRI community.
- All prize winners unconditionally agree to:
- The use of their name and appearance in one photo.
- Co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post competition publicity.
- British Triathlon (on behalf of GO TRI) decision is final for all competition entry, prizes and tokens and prizes or tokens can be reset, withdrawn or cancelled at any point.
- GO TRI members token total will be reset 1st April annually, with the total over the years still monitored by GO TRI.
- GO TRI have the right to award any number of tokens to any GO TRI activity and to make changes to this at any time.
GO TRI Campaigns:
- When participating in self-generated activity as part of a GO TRI campaign, please ensure you follow and read through the Health Committment Statement above.
- All campaign prize winners will be selected via a prize draw; all prize draws are conducted in the British Triathlon office, under supervision from British Triathlon staff.
- All campaign prize winners must be registered members of the GO TRI community.
- Tri Summer includes the opportunity to purchase or renew British Tirahtlon membership. For terms and conditions relating to membership, please see the British Triathlon membership T's and C's.
- The Tri Summer membership bundle is subject to availability, whilst stocks last.
Other applicable terms:
The following terms and conditions also apply to GO TRI: