Privacy & Legals
GENERAL GO TRI PRIVACY & LEGALS ( Terms & Conditions)
Please read through all the term and conditions, including your health commitment:
To jump to GO TRI Training & Venues terms & conditions, please click here.
1.1 By submitting your application you are agreeing to register for Go Tri and to abide by these conditions of entry.
2. EVENT SAFETY
2.1 At all times during the event you must adhere to all instructions given by event marshals, volunteers and officials.
2.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment that is in a good safe working order and take weather conditions into account when preparing to take part.
2.3 It is your responsibility that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the events unaided. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice beforehand. Please read our Health Commitment Statement for further advice.
3. DATA PROTECTION
3.1 You agree that your personal information can be stored and used by the Organisers and their partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of events.
3.2 You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by the Organisers and their partners for the purposes of:-
3.3.1 The promotion and marketing of GO TRI campaigns, events and training;
3.3.2 Adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as information regarding local clubs, events and how to join Triathlon England.
If you object to such, please see condition 3.5.
3.4 The Organisers shall take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to you which comes into their possession or control shall not be:
3.4.1 Used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these conditions.
3.4.2 Disclosed to any person not authorised by you to receive it; or.
3.4.3 Altered, deleted, added to or otherwise interfered with (except where expressly permitted by these conditions).
3.5 If you would not like the Organisers or their partners to use the marketing information or personal information other than for purposes related solely to your participation in Go Tri, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1 The Organisers may cancel the event if circumstances arise beyond our reasonable control. In such circumstances we will endeavour to communicate to you in advance.
4.2 In the event of a cancellation the Organisers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation.
5. USE OF IMAGE
5.1 Photographs may be taken which capture your participation. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in Go Tri.
6. MEDICAL CONDITIONS
6.1 If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before taking part in Go Tri. Please read our Health Commitment Statement for further advice.
6.2 You must provide an emergency contact name/emergency contact number on registration.
7.1 In no event shall the Organisers be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortuous act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:-
7.1.1 Loss or damage;
7.1.2 Loss of profit;
7.1.3 Loss of reputation;
7.1.4 Loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
7.1.5 Loss of anticipated savings;
7.1.6 Pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
7.1.7 Consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
(a) Would arise in the ordinary course of events;
(b) is reasonably foreseeable; or
(c) Is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
7.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall affect the Organisers’ liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
7.3 Triathlon England strongly advises all participants to hold relevant public liability cover whilst taking part in these events.
8.1 The Agreement shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.2 If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
8.3 The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
8.4 Participant must inform email@example.com of changes in personal contact/address details.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which we transfer to your device through your web browser when you visit our website or open certain emails. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. This information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are used on this website to enable you to move around the site and use its features. They also help to understand visitor behaviour on our website. Three types of cookie may be used during your visit to www.gotri.org
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like returning search results, cannot be provided. These are usually placed by the website you are visiting (first party cookies) and will expire when you leave that website (session cookies). We use these cookies to remember that you are logged in.
Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. These will mainly be first party cookies, but could be set by third party websites. They may be session cookies or ‘persistent cookies’ that stay on your computer after your browsing session has finished.
Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local content by storing a cookie in the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They may be session cookies, but will mainly be persistent cookies. Again they could be set by first or third parties. We use these cookies to track the pages you visit via Google Analytics.
Health commitment statement
Your health is your responsibility. Triathlon England are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy your participation in our events. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
1. We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
2. We will make every reasonable effort to make sure our event are organised to accepted safe operational standards for you to enjoy.
3. We will make all reasonable steps to ensure first aid is available at event to an industry standard.
4. If you tell us you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our event, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
1. You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation in our event, before you enter you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
2. It is the decision of the user, not the event organiser, to determine whether he or she is fit enough to exercise. If the user is in any doubt, the user should seek medical advice. It is up to the user where to seek that medical advice.
3. You should let us know immediately, if you feel unwell whilst participating in one of our events. Our staff are not qualified Doctors, but there will be first aid provision in attendance at our events.
4. If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to complete our event safely.
This Health Commitment Statement sets the standards that Triathlon England and the event participant can reasonably expect from each other in regards to the health of the participant.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation which you or we must meet.
GO TRI TRAINING Terms and conditions
GO TRI training is a Sport England funded project managed by Triathlon England and GO TRI training is delivered by a range of health and fitness providers and facilities.
GO TRI Participants – Key conditions
- Responsibility for their safety and wellbeing is with the company or person providing the session or facility.
- Sessions delivered and facility providers should be covered by the instructors or providers company indemnity/ liability insurance.
- Instructors should have taken part in a training programme, and also have qualifications to deliver relevant activities. If you are in any doubt on instructor qualifications or insurance you can contact GO TRI to check the centre.
- You must ensure you advise the instructor or facility of any specific medical condition. They will be able to advise on if you can take part.
- If you are taking part in any unsupervised activity, this is done at entirely your own risk.
- Any equipment you provide should be in good condition, if bicycles are used in training we recommend they are check by a bike mechanic prior to use.
- All participants should adhere to the facility/ instructor session rules.
- Any person under the age of 18 should have parental consent to take part in GO TRI activities. Any person under the age of 18 should check with a provider/ facility to ensure they are able to take part.
GO TRI Venues
GO TRI venues are facilities that have been identified as suitable for triathlon activities.
- Participants should check closely what is offered at a venue before choosing to use the facilities. Some may be unsupervised, or may offer basic guidance.
- Participants should check pricing and opening hours before travelling to a venue
- All participants use venues at their own risk, GO TRI/ Triathlon England cannot be held responsible for any injury or loss caused when using these venues
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a centre / venue or instructor, please advise GO TRI Training via the contact page.
Terms & conditions – GO TRI 1000 celebration Facebook competition.
The prize is to win 1 free place at the GO TRI event at Columbia Threadneedle World Triathlon Leeds, on Saturday 10 June 2017.
- Competition entrants must live in the UK.
- The competition opens at 2.00pm on Friday 5/5/17 and closes at 12.00pm on Sunday 7/5/17.
- The winner must arrange their own travel to the event and accommodation if required.
- If the winner selected has already entered the event, we unfortunately will not be unable to refund the cost. However, the entry can be given to a friend.
- The winner will have the choice between the 200m and 400m swim option.
- Competition entrants must be aged 15 or over to take part (on the 31st Dec 2017).
- On the day of the event it’s compulsory to wear a wetsuit and you will need a road worthy bike. You can hire both a wetsuit and a bike from the event organisers if you need to. You will be required to bring your own wetsuit, bike and kit or hire and pay for equipment yourself.
- Entrants must have a registered gotri.org account – the account is free to set up and gives you access to GO TRI events, training sessions, useful guides to help get you started on your triathlon journey and more. Visit gotri.org to create an account.
- There is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason British Triathlon reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name and one or more photographs); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
- British Triathlon’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.